Cannot access WebCenter login page
- Restart WebCenter Services in the correct order.
Either use the batch files on desktop or do them manually as below:
- Stop all IIS and WebCenter services on the Web Server and
the Application Server.
- Start services on the Application Server first (JBoss, CAD-X, FlexLM, BGMD).
- Then start services on the Web Server (IIS and Tomcat).
- Wait until the CPU activity is idle on all servers (<5% activity).
- Try to access the installation site (WebCenter_Inst) again.
- Verify you are using the correct URL.
- Ensure you are using the correct case– the W, C, and I are uppercase in WebCenter_Inst.
- Test WebCenter's individual components.
- Do all of the previous steps under Testing WebCenter. This can
rule out a port conflict or installation problem.
- Determine if the Code and web pages are the same version.
- If you can access the installation site (WebCenter_Inst) but not a custom deployed site, it is
possible that the installation site pages are a different version than your other virtual
- For sites to be on different versions, WebCenter
was upgraded but your custom sites were not. In this case, your WebCenter application has new code and is expecting the web
pages to be version B and able to read new code, but the pages are still version A. This won’t work.
- After an upgrade the only site that gets upgraded automatically is “WebCenter_Inst”. It is your
job to use the deployment tool to redeploy new sites.
- Determine if your configuration files are corrupted.
- Certain non-XML standard editors, such as WordPad or FrontPage, corrupt XML files when used and
Java cannot compile them. The most common file that gets corrupted is APPCONFIG.XML.
- on the Application Server, browse to C:\Artios\WebCenter\Config (always on the C:\ drive).
- Open appconfig.XML file using a web browser.
- Right click on the file and choose Open With… choose Internet Explorer.
- You do NOT want to receive the error page saying “The XML page cannot be displayed” as seen
- If you receive this message, your APPCONFIG.XML is corrupt. This means that someone edited this
file with WordPad or an editor that changed the XML formatting.
- To fix a corrupted page, you can restore this file from a known good backup, or reinstall
WebCenter on the Application Server only. The latter
means you will have to reconfigure most settings again.
- Once you have restored the file, you must restart all IIS and WebCenter Services on the Web Server and Application Server for the new file to take
- Verify IIS ISAPI filters are correct
- On the Web Server, open IIS Manager.
- Right click on web server name node, and choose Properties.
- On the ISAPI Filters tab, WCTomcat should have a green arrow pointing up.
- Right click on WebCenter_Inst node, choose Properties.
- In the Application Settings section, ensure Application Name =“WebCenter_Inst” and isn’t blank.
- If blank, choose Create button to create it.
- Right click on Jakarta node, choose Properties.
- On Virtual Directory Tab, local path should= \Artios\WebCenter\WebServer\Tomcat\bin\win32\i386
- If not, browse to it.
- Review IIS and WebCenter log files for obvious
errors. Refer to the log files section for log file locations and details.