Test View and Annotate Applet
- Logged into WebCenter, locate a Graphic document
type that has successfully generated view data, meaning that there is an action called “View
and Annotate” on the document actions menu.
- Click the “View and Annotate” action to launch the Applet.
- The page will change and go blank for a moment, or turn light grey.
- You should see the Java Sun logo with a progress bar, then the tool will launch and display the
- If you get a Red ‘X’ in top left corner instead (as seen below), then Java is being blocked
from downloading or installing on your computer. This usually
happens when either:
- a company’s firewall or Proxy Server prevents automatic
- browser settings need to be modified to allow applets.
- Try these steps to resolve it:
- Install Java manually
- Visit www.java.com, choose correct OS (Windows or Mac), download
and install the free Java Software.
- Close any open browser windows.
- Try to access the Viewer applet again.
- If Java is installed on the client, but you still get a Red ‘X’, then most likely your browser
settings are locked down tightly and blocking Applets.
- Ensure your browser options allow applets.
- Ensure that under Advanced settings within your Internet Options,
you have a section for Java Sun and that “Use JRE …. <for applet>
(requires restart)” is there and checked. If not checked, check it
and reboot computer. Try again.
- In Internet Options where you can define custom settings for the Internet zone, customize your
current settings to ensure the below are set to Enabled or Prompt,
but not Disabled:
- Run Active X controls and plug-ins.
- Java VM
- Scripting – Active Scripting
- Scripting of Java Applets
- Close any open browsers and try again.
- Clean out Java cache
- From Control Panel – Java, delete Temporary Internet Files and check Applets, Applications,
Other Files. After deleting these can close Java console and try
- If you still cannot use the Applet then you need to contact your system administrator as some
other local setting is preventing the applet from running on this