- After correctly configuring WebCenter and OBGE
on the Application Server, you should be able to upload ArtiosCAD design files, PDF, and Esko Graphic files
as document type “Graphics File” and successfully use the View and Annotate tool on these
types of documents. This means that the Checking and Registering message disappears and
“View and Annotate” action is added to the document action list in top right corner.
- If the Checking and Registering message seems to take forever to
disappear or never disappears, you can watch the communication between
the two to see what is happening. To do this, open the OBGE and watch
the jdf hotfolder activity.
- on the Application Server, login to Pilot as user admin.
- Expand the FileStore container.
- Expand JDFHotFolder - hotin subfolders. This is the folder in which
WebCenter composes a JDF
ticket and drops it off in this location for Automation Engine (OBGE) to pick it up
and take action.
- Minimize Pilot.
- Open a web browser and login to WebCenter as user ADMIN.
- Upload a document of type “Graphics file” to a project.
Attention: As soon as you click Upload button you must act quickly to do next few steps
to be able to watch real-time communication between WebCenter and the OBGE.
- After upload says successful, immediately click file name link to jump
to Graphic Details page.
- In document header you should see message next to document name
“Checking and Registering…”.
- Quickly minimize WebCenter,
- Watch creation of JDF ticket appear in the hotin folder.
- In the FileStore Container View within the monitor pane, you should
see when Automation Engine (OBGE)
begins processing the JDF ticket.
- You should see a running task named “Prepare for Viewer”.
Task should finish fast (definitely less than 1 minute).
- Once task finishes (successful or failed), you can see the JDF ticket
move to the hotout folder.
- Minimize Pilot, maximize WebCenter.
- You should still be on that document’s details page with “Checking and registering…” message
- Refresh your browser window (F5).
- The “Checking and registering…” message should disappear and
View and Annotate action appears in Document Action Menu.
- If task failed, a red ‘X’ and failure message will appear next
to document name and no new action will appear in menu. Review the task
log file within Pilot to see why task failed.