Test IIS connectivity
- On the Web Server, open IIS Manager and expand the website node.
- Right click on WebCenter_Inst virtual directory; choose Browse (only test with this directory
- Wait… watch progress in status bar. Will take longer very first time…
- You should be brought to login page (login.jsp). If you get to this page, then you know IIS is
- If not, verify IIS and WebCenter services are
all Started. This is #1 reason for this error…
- If services are all Started and still cannot access login page from IIS Manager, then see if
you can bypass IIS and talk to Tomcat directly.
- Close IIS Manager and Open a web browser.
- In address URL type: http://<name_web_server>:8081/WebCenter_Inst (case sensitive)
- You should be brought to login page (login.jsp).
- If you can access this way using port 8081, then you know IIS cannot talk to Tomcat.
- Check whether 32-bit applications are enabled in IIS.
- Check via netstat whether TomCat is listening on port 8009.